Organizations listed on this page are for resources and support only and are not intended for diagnosis. These organizations are not endorsed by the school counselors or St. Aloysius School. Please consult with your child's pediatrician or mental health professional for diagnosis and treatment for psychological, emotional, and learning disorders. Parents can request a counseling list by contacting the school counselors or administration.
- Please contact your child's teacher or the school counselor for a list of academic tutors.
- Homework help and online tutoring: http://www.homeworkla.org
- Free lessons for K-8: www.khanacademy.org
- Study tools and tips: www.quizlet.com
Intellectual and Communication Development
- Nation Center for Learning Disabilities: http://www.ncld.org/
- Learning and attention issues: www.understood.org
- Dyslexia: http://eida.org/fact-sheets/
- Sensory Processing Disorder: http://www.sensory-processing-disorder.com/
- Autism Spectrum:
- -Autism Speaks: www.autismspeaks.org
- -CARD: http://batonrouge.centerforautism.com/
- Baton Rouge Speech and Hearing Foundation: http://www.emergela.org/
- The U.S. Department of Education has a website dedicated to bullying prevention and response. http://www.stopbullying.gov/
- The National Council on Crime Prevention provides information on cyber bullying. http://www.ncpc.org/topics/cyberbullying
- Cyberbullying facts and resource information: https://www.callersmart.com/guides/49/What-Is-Cyberbullying-and-How-to-Stop-It
Community Counseling Resources:
- Baton Rouge Crisis Intervention Center: (225)924-1431 http://www.brcic.org/home.aspx
- Our Lady of the Lake Mental and Behavior Health: (225) 765-6005; https://fmolhs.org/ololrmc/Pages/All-Care-and-Services/Mental-and-Behavioral-Health.aspx
- Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Baton Rouge, Behavioral Health: (225) 336-8708; http://www.ccdiobr.org/programs/behavorial-health.html
- Family Services of Greater Baton Rouge: (225) 924-0123; http://www.fsgbr.org/
- Stephen Ministry: http://www.stephenministries.org/stephenministry/default.cfm/917 Information about services offered through Steven Ministry is available on our church website at this link: http://church.aloysius.org/care-help/.