Here at St. Aloysius our goal is to make foreign language available to all students PreK-8 . After completion of their Spanish study, a student should be able to:
1. Participate in brief conversations over familiar topics using simple sentences.
2. Comprehend the spoken language in the form of directions, commands, questions, and structured conversations and simple narrative descriptions.
3. Read graded narrative and cultural materials over familiar topics.
4. Write most of the language that can be produced orally.
5. Have a basic understanding of the different cultures in which Spanish is spoken.
6. Demonstrate a basic knowledge of the Hispanic geographic areas.
Our Spanish program is here to enrich the lives of our students. We hope to plant a seed in your child's wealth of knowledge to inspire them to continue taking a foreign language in the secondary setting.