5th grade Reading
Welcome to 5th grade students will:
- PLEASE ENCOUR
- AGE YOUR SON/DAUGHTER TO READ EVERY NIGHT....
- LIST OF POPULAR 5TH GRADE BOOKS/ SERIES
- letter to parents/materail/ content taught
- pictures from the Tom Sawyer unit
March 20 - April
- Begin The Secret Garden in class...
- Students will read THE SECRET GARDEN - core classic start version.
- As students read, I will orally read a modern take on TSG called The Hummingroom. I will read passages and students will compare and contrast the modern version with the older version.
Activity - Journal Entry - Where and when has your spirit felt most alive in nature?
- Blake Poems....
Activity - Journal Entry - When are you most angry ?
- How Do I Love Thee
- special writing activity...
- EXTRA ! EXTRA! - Bonus time!! Students can memorize one of the 3 poems by the end of the nine weeks:
- O Captain ! My Captain!, Jabberwacky, or The Road Not Taken
- Password to access is : Aloysius2016
STUDENTS MUST BRING TO CLASS A FREE READ BOOK EVERYDAY