April 24, 2017 - April 28, 2017
Enrichment - P.E.
- Reading - We will begin the story Suki's Kimono in their readers. The skill for the story is comparing and contrasting. We will also be developing writing concepts to prepare your child for the writing part of the Aspire in 4th grade.
- Spelling - We are working with words from Unit 5, Week1. These words follow the pattern of consonant vowel-vowel consonant. Each of the two vowels when they are written together has their own sound.
- English - We will use adjectives and articles to describe nouns.
- Math - We are beginning to use fractions to identify parts of a whole or set. We will add and subtract fractions with common denominators, compare and order fractions and write mixed numbers. Please continue to study multiplication and division facts at home.
- Science - The nervous system is our unit of study this week. We will be in the science lab dissecting sheep brains in the second week of our study. Parents are welcome to join us. If you are interested please email me.
Monday: Welcome Back!
Test Papers go home
Thursday: Test Papers Due
Progress Reports go home and need to be returned by Monday.
Friday: Pep Rally!
- Extra Credit Opportunity for Social Studies - Due May 1st.