May 1, 2017 - May 5, 2017
Enrichment - P.E.
- Reading - We are reading the story Suki's Kimono in their readers. The skill for the story is comparing and contrasting. We will also be developing writing concepts to prepare your child for the writing part of the Aspire in 4th grade.
- Spelling - We are working with words from Unit 5, Week1. These words follow the pattern of consonant vowel-vowel consonant. Each of the two vowels when they are written together has their own sound. I will test on Friday, May 5th. Check out spelling city login: nmapp1, password:staloysius
- English - We will use adjectives and articles to describe nouns and pronouns. I will test on this Wednesday, May 3rd.
- Math - We are using fractions to identify parts of a whole or set. We will add and subtract fractions with common denominators, compare and order fractions and write mixed numbers. Please continue to study multiplication and division facts at home. I am giving speed drills weekly.
- Science - The nervous system is our unit of study this week. We will be in the science lab dissecting sheep brains at 11:45 in the science lab on Wednesday, May 3rd. Parents are welcome to join us. If you are interested please email me. I will test on the nervous system on Thursday, May 4th.
Monday: Aspire Math 8:15
Progress Reports Returned
Extra Credit S.S. Due
Tuesday: Aspire Science 8:15
Test Papers go home
Return Library Books
Wednesday: Aspire Reading 8:15
Dissect Sheep Brains 11:45 Science Lab
Thursday: Aspire 8:15 English
Test Papers Due
Friday: All School Mass
Check Out from Library
- Extra Credit Opportunity for Social Studies - Due May 1st.